Details about the United World Colleges UWC Scholarship for Afghan Students
Students who are Afghan citizens living in Afghanistan or refugees in other countries are encouraged to apply to the UWC National Committee of Afghanistan.
Please keep in mind that if you are a permanent resident or a citizen of a country other than Afghanistan, you are not eligible to apply through the UWC National Committee of Afghanistan. Please submit your application to the national committee of the country of your citizenship or permanent residence.
This year’s application process will be entirely online. This means you can apply from anywhere in the world without worrying about the entire logistics of the selection process.
- Degree: Bachelor
- Provided by: UWC Scholarship for Afghan Students
- Deadline: 1 November 2023
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, tuition fees + accommodation + other benefits
- Host country: Deferent Countries
United World Colleges Colleges:
- UWC South East Asia in Singapore
- UWC Thailand
- UWC Red Cross Nordic in Norway
- UWC USA
- UWC ISAK Japan
- UWC Rover Bosch College in Germany
- Waterford Kamhlaba UWC of Southern Africa
- Li PO Chun UWC of Hong Kong
- WUC Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- UWC Adriatic in Italy
- UWC Dilijan in Dilijan, Armenia
- UWC Costa Rica
- UWC Changshu China
- UWC Maastricht in Netherlands
- UWC Atlantic College in the UK
- Pearson College UWC in Victoria, Canada
- UWC Mahindara College in Pune, India
- Language and literature
- Language Acquisition
- Individuals and Societies
- The Arts
Aside from the six topics listed above, there are three core aspects of the IB curriculum that are taught:
- Extended Essay (EE):
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
- Creativity, activity, Service (CAS)
What support is available to students at UWC School or College?
- 70 % of students receive full or partial financial assistance based on their needs.
- UWC is dedicated to the well-being, development, and assistance of its students.
- UWC recognizes the critical role that spiritual care plays in assisting our students as they navigate the often difficult experience of living and learning in a residential school setting – frequently distant from home – while pursuing a rigorous academic and co-curricular curriculum.
- All of UWC locations have a team of on-site staff who serve as houseparent, student advisors, peer support networks, nurses and counselors, deans of students, health and wellness specialists, heads of residential life, psychologists and psychotherapists, as well as providing access to healthcare on campus and locally.
- Age: 15 to 17 years old
- Applicants must have been born between August 1, 2005 and August 15, 2009.
- A valid Tazkira and a valid Afghan passport are required of all applicants. Any candidate who does not have a valid Tazkira and a Afghan passport will be rejected.
- You must create this application entirely on your own. Any hint of outside assistance with your application, at any point of the process, will result in your disqualification.
- Provide a valid e-mail address as well as a phone number. Applications that do not include a clear e-mail address and phone number for the applicant to be contacted will be rejected.
- All application process is being conducted in English, applicants must have good understanding of the English language.
- You will be responsible for obtaining all travel documents if you are nominated by the national committee (passport, visa, etc.). UWC can’t guarantee that you’ll be granted a visa. If an applicant does not acquire a visa, their offer to attend UWC may be cancelled.
- Due to a lack of consular services in Kabul, nominated students may be required to travel to a neighbouring country to obtain visas for their respective schools. Please understand that this is entirely the responsibility of the student and their family, and that the National Committee of Afghanistan can offer no assistance.
- The UWC scholarship is for a two-year residential program (with separate rooms for male and female students); parental approval is essential for consideration.
- Passport or Travel Document
- Applicant’s Digital Photo – the photo must be taken within the last 6 months
- Certificates /diploma / achievements documents and/or recommendation letter
- Current Academic Year School Report/Transcript – both original and English translated copies
- Previous Academic Year School Report/Transcript – both original and English translated copies
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation: You have a genuine desire to learn more about the world. You understand a variety of local and global concerns and can critically analyze them.
- Active commitment: You can examine, confront, and reflect on your own, your family’s, and your community’s values. You have the ability to act ethically and courageously in accordance with your values.
- Social competence: You can communicate with people, collaborate, and interact in a courteous manner. You can express yourself in a variety of situations and to a variety of people, and you can work together to find answers.
- Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity: During difficult times, you may take care of yourself physically and emotionally. You have a strong desire to follow UWC’s beliefs, as well as a sense of humility and openness to listen.
- Motivation: You are motivated and capable of contributing to UWC and actively promoting its principles.
How to apply for UWC Scholarship for Afghan Youths?
When the application is open on 14th September, you can read the eligibility criteria and apply accordingly
- You can register online through the link below. To continue, please build your eligibility profile once you’ve registered.
- Unless you plan to apply through the UWC Global Selection Program, be sure to select “UWC National Committee” as your application route. You will not be directed to the UWC Afghanistan application form if you select the UWC Global Selection Program, and you will not be eligible for a scholarship if you do.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
- Please check your email after submitting your application to see if you have received a confirmation email from UWC stating that your application has been received.
- Contact UWC at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have not received the confirmation email.
- It is recommended to complete some parts of the application form in a word document and then copy and paste it to the online application
- Bring any questions or concerns that you might have to the info session that will be announced soon