- FUNDING TYPE: Fully Funded
- DEADLINE: 2 Febaruary 2023
- OPEN TO: All countries
The Ghent University scholarship attracts brilliant brains from all around the world. It provides an opportunity to gain practical experience by allowing them to become a critical member of a diverse community of researchers. It also helps applicants broaden their knowledge by allowing them to participate in various research activities while being guided by top experts.
Furthermore, this fully-funded doctoral scholarship program allows students to research in the North for the first 24 months, after which they must research in the South for the remaining 24 months. The international PhD scholarships in Europe help students with big dreams start a career and make a big difference in the world. Various global difficulties, such as health, water and food, climate change, and other environmental-related issues, are wreaking havoc worldwide.
Ghent University’s research community is keen to create solutions to those above challenging global concerns. The Ghent campus strives to create an inventive, intelligent, energetic, and dynamic workforce in environmental and food technology and molecular biotechnology. The campus’s purpose is to broaden the horizons of those who belong to these disciplines. Scholarships for international students in Belgium will provide sufficient funding for doctoral students.
The Ghent University scholarships abroad provides students with an excellent setting that stimulates high research exploration and supports autonomous thinking. Additionally, researchers and scholars are provided with a stimulating environment to think outside the box and develop a persuasive analysis that employs critical analytical approaches and methodologies.
Ghent University is regarded as one of Europe’s best international universities. The world’s most prestigious institution is recognized as a crossroads that connects regions throughout the globe. The institute’s research focuses on addressing the world’s global concerns in general and Belgium’s specific challenges in particular.
The fully sponsored Ghent University scholarships in Europe for doctoral research aims to justify the country’s worldwide peace. The curriculum supports advanced academia, research, and teaching approaches by utilizing existing resources and gaining extra skills and talents. Furthermore, it operates in a collaborative setting with the goal of information sharing and technology transfer. As a result, participatory and pragmatic solutions to address the residual challenges are developed. The Ministry of Education (South Korea) and the Organization of Belgium and the Netherlands have authorized the Ghent University Campus to fund the PhD fellowship.
Living in Belgium is not cheap but relatively affordable; students can manage their expenses and live easily. Every year, students from different countries go to Belgium for higher studies, scholarships, and even self-finance. So do not miss your chance and apply today to study in Europe!
Here are more details about the Ghent University Scholarship 2023-24
Deadline is February 2, 2023
- Country: Belgium
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan, India, Indonesia, Gambia, Afghanistan, South Korea, Armenia, India, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Cuba, Angola, Zimbabwe, Bolivia, Bhutan, Nigeria, Mali, Pakistan, Mauritania, Congo, South Africa, Cote d’Ivoire, Burundi, Egypt, Cambodia, Eswatini, Chad Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guatemala, Eritrea, India, Ethiopia, Jordan, Guinea, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Kosovo, Georgia, Comoros, Ghana, Haiti, Kyrgyzstan, Kiribati, Micronesia, Laos, Moldova, Lesotho, Mongolia, Liberia, Morocco, Madagascar, Nicaragua, Malawi, Burkina, Faso, Papua, New Guinea, Mozambique, Philippines, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Syria, Niger, Tajikistan, Rwanda Tokelau, Sao Tome and Principe, Tunisia, Senegal, Ukraine, El Salvador, Central African Republic, Djibouti, Honduras, Sierra Leone, Uzbekistan, Solomon Islands, Vietnam, Somalia, Palestine, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Ecuador, Bangladesh, Capo Verde, Peru, Benin, Cameroon, Suriname, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Eritrea, India, Ethiopia, Indonesia
- Deadline: February 2, 2023
Eligibility Criteria :
Are you a PhD aspirant who wants to study in Europe? Why not consider this European scholarship? But first check the criteria and requirements. Following are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship in Belgium.
Eligibility Criteria for Ghent University Scholarships:
- Applicants must belong to one of the developing countries mentioned above.
- They shall submit a joint research proposal, including the supervisor of Partner University and Ghent University.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Exchange students cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants with topics that are relevant to development will be preferred.
- They must agree to the mobility scheme of the PhD scholarship in Belgium.
- Their first research stay must start between 1 October 2023 and 29 February 2024.
Here are some of the benefits of Ghent University Scholarships for PhD:
- A tuition fee waiver for 24 months will be provided.
- €310 monthly expense for research.
- Travel budget of about €8000.
- Furthermore, it is a good opportunity for international students to study at a top university.
- Explore and conduct research in Europe.