With this visa you can
- participate in an eligible course of study
- bring family members to Australia with you
- apply online in or outside Australia
- work unlimited hours in any sector. See Temporary changes to visa work conditions for Students and Working Holiday Makers.
Check your eligibility
- be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
- hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories
- must be 6 years or older
- prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18
- If in Australia hold an eligible substantive visa. See, ‘Have this Visa if applying while in Australia” in Eligibility Tab.
- A substantive visa ceases to be in effect if another substantive visa is granted
- Applications are received Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) (or Australian Eastern daylight standard time (AEDST) when applicable)
Help with your visa
If you are getting help with your visa, before you pay someone, read information on Who can help with your visa application.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application.