etails about UM Global Studies Scholarship 2023
UM Global Studies Scholarship 2023 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of All subjects offered by the university.
The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Mar 2023. This scholarship is provided by Maastricht University (UM) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, living expenses + tuition fees + visa costs + insurance . This scholarship is open for: Open to nationals of Asia, Africa, Latin America & Caribbean.
- Deadline: 01 Mar 2023
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, living expenses + tuition fees + visa costs + insurance
Scholarships In Belgium for International Students 2023–2024
Singapore International Graduate Award (Fully Funded)2023–2024
International University of Dublin Scholarships in Ireland, 2023
Glasgow International Leadership Scholarships 2023-2024 in the UK
Boy Scouts Scholarships in the USA for 2023–2024
Qatar Scholarships 2023-2024 – Fully funded
- Applicant must hold the nationality of a country in Africa, Asia (including the Middle-East), Latin-America and the Caribbean and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Applicant should have have been (conditionally) admitted to the Global Studies study programme.
- By pledging to share their experiences during at least one session for students and/or other stakeholders, applicants affirm that they will take an active role as a Global Studies and UM ambassador both during and after their studies.
Step 1: Register for the Global Studies programme at Maastricht University
For further details on how to register for a bachelor programme at UM, please see the website of Global Studies. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form.
- Please note: you can apply for the bachelor programme at UM and the scholarship simultaneously. However, you must be conditionally approved for admission to the bachelor programme in order to be awarded a scholarship.
- Please note: if you have to pay a handling fee as part of the programme’s admissions procedure, the UM International Services Desk does not cover handling fees. You are responsible for paying any handling fee your programme may require by 1 March 2023. To check whether the programme requires the payment of a handling fee,
Step 2: Please fill in the application form, you need to log in with your UM account
You can find the application form here. Upload the following documents in .doc, .docx or PDF format, and submit your application. Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date.
- Curriculum Vitae
Your CV should be up-to-date; contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience; include proven previous extracurricular engagement with your previous (academic) organisation/high school and active citizenship in your community; and should not be longer than two A4 pages.
- Letter of motivationn
Please use the templatefor the motivation letter. This template will focus on your motivation for the scholarship.
- Proof of academic excellence
Continuous good to excellent results during your prior (high school) education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript.
- Personal statement of financial needs
Please explain why you would benefit from being awarded a scholarship and describe your personal circumstances such as financial difficulty, sole parent/caretaking responsibilities, medical condition, disability, refugee status, et cetera.
- A reference letter
We have prepared scholarship reference letter guidelines; please print these out or forward them to your referee, as they will help your referee to write a good reference letter on your behalf. Please note that the referee must be a (former) professor, teacher, principal, college counsellor, lecturer, or employer, and not a family member. Recommendation letters should be dated and written no earlier than 1 February 2022. Letters that do not adhere to the guidelines are not taken into account, which means your application is incomplete.
- The contact details of one referee
Please note that we might check the authenticity of your referee by contacting your referee. Therefore, ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details:
– Relationship to applicant; indicate your referee’s connection to you. Is this your (former) professor, teacher, principal, college counsellor, lecturer, or employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.
– Work telephone number of your referee; be sure to include the applicable country calling code.
– Work or institutional email address of your referee. Letters referencing only a personal email address will be rejected, unless a valid reason is provided.
Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date.