APAC Generation Google Scholarship 2023 – 2024
APAC Generation Google Scholarship for Women in computer science was established to help students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Keep reading to see how to apply for Generation Google Scholarship For Women In Computer Science.
Generation Google Scholarship For Women In Computer Science
Selected students will receive USD 1,000 for the current school year. The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, and academic performance.
The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage women interested in computer science to apply.
Who Can Apply For APAC Generation Google Scholarship?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s degree for the current academic year
- Be in your 2nd year of study at an accredited university in an Asia Pacific country when completing the scholarship program
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a solid academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Resume/CV highlighting technical projects and participation in community engagement
- Academic transcripts from your current institutions (and prior, if applicable)
- Responses to two short answer essay questions (Refer below)
- 15-minute “meet and greet” per shortlisted participant
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post application deadline)
Note: Google Online Challenge solely serves as an additional data point when reviewing your application holistically.
APAC Generation Google Scholarship Essay Questions:
The two short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the two questions below should be written in English and be 400 words or less (See relevant scholarship keywords to use).
Essay Question 1
What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the tech industry face and how do you see yourself being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
Essay Question 2
What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
Documents Required For Google Scholarship For Women In Computer Science
Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- A PDF copy of your resume
- A PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- A PDF copy of your two short answer responses
Terms And Conditions For Google Scholarship For Women In Computer Science
- Generation Google Scholarship: Women in computer science awards must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for the student’s classes at their primary university.
- Scholarship recipients must be full-time students for the current academic year.
- Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used toward tuition and education-related expenses.
- Google will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
- Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
- Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case-by-case basis as determined by Google.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
Worth Of Scholarship
Selected students will receive USD 1,000 for the current school year.
Asia Pacific Countries
How To Apply For APAC Generation Google Scholarship
Eligible applicants are encouraged to visit Google Careers for Students page to find out about alternative opportunities and programs that are available for your country/region based on your academic level.
For questions email email@example.com.
Google is happy to address any questions directly related to the Generation Google Scholarship but is unable to respond to other inquiries. Google will not respond to spam, barraging messages, or messages that are primarily inflammatory or exploitative.