DAAD Scholarship Program 2024-2025
Applications are now open for the DAAD scholarship in Germany for the academic year 2024-2025.
Among a large number of postgraduate courses offered by German institutions of higher education, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a carefully selected selection of programs of particular interest to junior executives from developing countries. The postgraduate courses, which consist of one or two years of concentrated study, provide young academically trained professionals in leadership positions in developing countries the opportunity to participate in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
The courses are open to all eligible students. DAAD only grants these scholarships for postgraduate courses. It is an excellent opportunity to study in Germany as the scholarships are fully funded, covering almost all expenses related to studying abroad. It is not limited to that; DAAD also offers international students short-term and one-year-long research grants.
The fully-funded scholarships in Germany offer foreign graduates from developing and recently industrialized countries of all disciplines and with at least two years of professional experience the opportunity to obtain a postgraduate or master’s degree from a German university recognized by the state or state, and in cases Exceptional to obtain a Ph.D. degree and to obtain a university degree (master’s / doctorate) in Germany.
Scholarship in Germany Friedrich Ebert Foundation 2023 (Funded)
VITEC University Scholarships in Thailand 2023
Hungary Scholarships University of Pecs 2023 (Fully Funded)
Finland Tampere University Scholarships 2023
Whether you are interested in pursuing a master’s or Ph.D. degree, studying in Germany can be a transformative experience that can shape your future career prospects. With its thriving economy, cutting-edge technology, and strong research culture, Germany offers many opportunities for international students. With DAAD scholarships, students can benefit from financial support and networking opportunities that can help international students succeed in their academic and professional pursuits.
Studying in Germany on scholarships can be an incredibly enriching experience for students. One of the biggest draws of studying in Europe is the high-quality education available at some of the world’s top universities. In addition to the academic benefits, studying in Europe can offer students a diverse cultural experience. With so many different countries and cultures to explore, students can learn new languages, make international friends, and broaden their horizons. Exposure to different ways of life can help students develop a global perspective and intercultural competence, which are valuable skills in today’s interconnected world.
Furthermore, scholarships in Europe can also help students manage the financial burden of higher education. Scholarships can help cover living expenses and other expenses associated with studying abroad, making it easier for students to focus on their studies and make the most of their time in Europe. Scholarships in Germany can be a transformative experience that positively impacts a student’s academic, personal, and professional development. Further details are provided in this article below.
Field Included in DAAD Scholarship:
- Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics
- Development cooperation
- Engineering and related sciences
- Regional and urban planning
- Agricultural and Forest System
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and public health
- Social sciences, education, and law
- Media Studies
- You can check the courses offered under the above-mentioned fields here.
- Country: Germany
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: December 31, 2023
Eligibility Criteria :
There’s no better scholarship than DAAD for students who want to study in Germany. However, before you start the application process, check the criteria and requirements of the DAAD postgraduate scholarship program for international students.
Eligibility Criteria for the DAAD Scholarship:
- Applicants meet the necessary academic requirements and are expected to complete a study program in Germany (higher than the average result for the first academic exam – third higher performance, language skills).
- They must have a bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- Applicants have at least two years of professional experience.
- Furthermore, applicants can demonstrate that their motivation is related to development. They are expected to assume social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
- The last academic degree (usually a bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no more than six years before.
- Applicants must be from eligible countries. You can check the list of eligible countries on the official website.
Did you check the eligibility criteria for the scholarship, and now you want to know more about this scholarship in Germany? Opportunities Circle has listed the most important information ‘benefits and financial coverage’ in this section.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral applicants.
- Payments for health insurance, accidents, and civil liability will be provided.
- Subsidy for monthly rent for all applicants.
- Travel expenses, unless these expenses are covered by the country of origin or other sources of funding.
- DAAD does not cover tuition fees.
Requirements for Scholarship in Germany:
- Signed DAAD application form with the current date (www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample Europass format) with the current date.
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (concerning current occupation and choice of postgraduate program (s), two pages maximum) with the current date.
- IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific
courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature, and an official stamp and must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope).
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proves a minimum of two years of relevant
- working experience (after the bachelor’s degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degree
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading scale (certified translation if necessary).
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information about the supporting documents for DAAD Scholarship, please see the relevant course description on the following pages and the respective websites.
Frequently Asked Queries about the DAAD Scholarships
Here are some of the FAQs you must know before applying
How much CGPA is required to apply for a DAAD scholarship?
- 75% is required in a previous degree to apply for the DAAD scholarships. However, it is generalized criteria as no specific criteria are mentioned on the official website
How many students receive DAAD scholarships?
- More the 1000 students get selected each year for the scholarship, but it is one of the most prestigious scholarships.
Is the DAAD scholarship also for undergraduate students?
- Unfortunately, DAAD doesn’t offer any undergraduate program scholarships. This scholarship is for Master and Ph.D. students only.