Details about Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR) 2023
Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR) 2023 is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of All subjects offered by the university.
The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Deakin University and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, stipend of $30,000 per annum + tuition fees . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Degree: Masters, PhD
- Provided by: Deakin University
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, stipend of $30,000 per annum + tuition fees
- Host Country: Australia
Eligibility for Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- Candidates are required to complete at least four years of tertiary education.
- Applicants must hold a first-class Honours degree or an equivalent level as approved by Deakin University.
- Applicants must be registered as full-time students.
- Applicants are not permitted to receive any other award or salary.
- Applicants will be assessed on their academic merit.
- Selection is based on the candidates’ level of Research experience.
- Publications relevant to opportunity are evaluated.
- The alignment of the project is assessed with strategic priorities.
- The supervisory experience/support of the potential supervisors is scrutinized.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to a HDR course at Deakin University.
- Terms and conditions for each scholarship are detailed in the Further Information section below. For information about our RTP Scholarship Policy please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
RTP and DUPRS Stipends will be awarded to students as the result of a competitive process outlined in the ranking guidelines as below. Students receiving an RTP or DUPRS Stipend will be enrolled as on-campus full-time students.
Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have:
- completed at least four years of tertiary education studies
- have achieved 80% or equivalent in the research component of their previous study or an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications and other research experience
The successful applicants of the Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship will receive:
- Annual stipend rate of A$30,000 (tax-exempt).
- Overseas Health Cover.
- International student tuition fees are covered under the scholarship.
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) is awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin.