Global Excellence scholarships 2023/4
If you have demonstrated excellence through your academic activities, we want to reward you.
All applicants must:
- Hold an offer to study an eligible Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught course at the University of Dundee:
- Undergraduate – Must hold an offer for a full-time, on-campus course – this excludes any course in the School of Medicine or Dentistry. Note: The course must be 120 credits
- Postgraduate taught – Must hold an offer for a full-time, on-campus course in any academic school. Note the system must be 180 credits, apart from PGDip in Professional Legal Practice.
- This scholarship covers master of Research and Master of Research Courses.
- Have achieved:
- Undergraduate – UK BBB A-Level or above (or equivalent).
- Postgraduate Taught – UK 1st Class degree (or equivalent).
- UK Equivalencies of all Academic Qualifications are at the discretion of the University of Dundee.
- Be classified as an International Fee-paying student by the University of Dundee.
- Not be studying for a Ph.D. Course.
- Have a Course tuition fee of £19,600. NB: Any course
- Degree: Masters
- Provided by: University of Dundee
- Deadline: 31 December 2023
- Scholarship value: £6,000 per year of study
- Host Country: Germany
- The value of this scholarship is £6,000 and is awarded as a tuition fee waiver. No direct payment is made to any applicant.
- The scholarship is paid in each year of applicable study: a. Undergraduate applicants can receive the scholarship for up to 5 years of progressing study. (£30,000 over 5 years). b. Where the course is a 3.5-year Undergraduate Degree (School of Business) then the scholarship will only be applied in Year 2 onwards. c. Postgraduate Taught applicants (including Master of Research and Masters by Research) – where the course spans more than 12 months full time, and a full year tuition fee is due in each academic year, then the scholarship can be applied in both years of study.
- Scholarships are awarded on an Unconditional basis. However, this is not linked to the Course application status.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded on a pro-rata basis.
There is no separate application form for the Global Excellence Scholarship. The University of Dundee Admissions Team will use all information on an applicant’s Course application to determine if they meet the eligibility criteria.
This verification process will happen at the initial Offer Stage.
- Where an applicant has ‘pending’ academic achievements at the point of Offer, the University will not be able to confirm the scholarship until academic achievements have been submitted and verified.
- Where an applicant does not meet the criteria for this scholarship, the University may inform the applicant of other scholarships available.