This Visa is completely free and part of 40000 Visa for Afghan nationals in need:
The Canadian government and its allies have received assurances from the Taliban that Afghan citizens with travel authorization from other countries will be allowed to leave Afghanistan.
The Government of Canada remains firm in its commitment to welcome refugees and vulnerable Afghans to Canada. We’re working to increase the number of eligible people to 40,000. This will be done through several programs, including the following:
- Special immigration program for Afghan nationals, and their families, who assisted the Government of Canada.
- A special humanitarian program focused on resettling Afghan nationals who
- Are outside of Afghanistan
- don’t have a durable solution in a third country
- are part of one of the following groups:
- women leaders
- human rights defenders
- persecuted religious or ethnic minorities
- LGBTI individuals
- journalists and people who helped Canadian journalists
How to Apply for Canada Visa
You can’t apply directly to this Visa program.
The program will resettle Afghan nationals in 2 ways:
1. Government-assisted refugees
Under the government-assisted refugees’ program, we’ll resettle Afghan nationals to Canada and provide support for up to one year after arrival.
You must be referred to us by one of the following referral partners:
- United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
- Find out about the UNHCR’s process to resettle refugees.
- Front Line Defenders (for human rights defenders only)
- ProtectDefenders.EU (for human rights defenders only)
If you’re a human rights defender
There’s currently a high level of need among Afghan human rights defenders. Front Line Defenders and ProtectDefenders.EU can only refer the human rights defenders who are most at risk. For these organizations to consider you for referral, it’s expected that you
- actively promote and protect human rights
- face a direct risk because of this work
2. Privately sponsored refugees
You can also resettle in Canada if a group sponsors you as a refugee. Sponsors could be either
- a sponsorship agreement holder (an organization that helps support refugees when they resettle in Canada), or
- an organization, or group of 5 or more people, in Canada, that has volunteered to sponsor referred refugees
Sponsor groups would support you for the sponsorship period, which is usually up to 1 year. Their support includes
- start-up costs, like furniture and clothing
- ongoing monthly costs for necessities like housing, food, and public transportation
- social and emotional suppore