South Korea GIST Scholarship 2023
South Korea GIST Scholarship is accepting applications for the year 2023. This fully funded scholarship supports students, researchers, and technical individuals to pursue MS, Ph.D., and MS, leading to Ph.D. degrees. The GIST scholarship in South Korea trains talented individuals to further develop in the fields of science and technology. It is one of the prestigious Korean scholarships promoting world-class knowledge and skills through research-oriented projects and courses. International students from all countries are eligible to apply for this fully funded scholarship in South Korea. This international scholarship in South Korea covers tuition fees, a one-way airline ticket to Korea, and the provision of monthly stipends. Also, the duration of GIST scholarship for MS, Ph.D., and integrated MS/Ph.D. are three, seven, and eight years respectively.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is one of the top public universities in Gwangju, South Korea. GIST Scholarship for international students is the university’s project in collaboration with the South Korea Ministry of Science and Technology. They aim to support innovations in science, research, and technology. They offer courses in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Chemistry and Biomedical Science, Life Science, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Photon Science, Nanobio Materials and Electronics, Earth science and Environmental Engineering Integrated Technology, and Artificial Intelligence.
Scholarship in Germany Friedrich Ebert Foundation 2023 (Funded)
VITEC University Scholarships in Thailand 2023
Hungary Scholarships University of Pecs 2023 (Fully Funded)
Finland Tampere University Scholarships 2023
Furthermore, South Korea is the best study-abroad destination for your degree because of its world-class quality of education. GIST is ranked 4th (fourth) in QS World University Ranking. It is Korea’s first national university with an educational system based on a comprehensive and foundational science curriculum. International students will get a chance to gain valuable knowledge and experience in research. South Korean scholarships provide financial assistance to international students who cannot afford higher education. This can increase education access for lower-income students and promote social mobility. Moreover, scholarships can help attract talented students from around the world to study in South Korea, enhancing the country’s intellectual and cultural diversity.
Also, international students don’t need to worry about learning the Korean language, as English will be the language of instruction. It will help them understand and learn more efficiently. Moreover, international students will get an opportunity to explore Korean culture during their stay. The application submission deadline for the scholarship for international students is 14 April 2023 for the September intake. So do not miss this opportunity and apply for the fully funded scholarship to study in South Korea! Further details are provided below.
Fields Offered at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Earth Science and Environmental Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- School of Integrated Technology
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- School of Energy Convergence
- Country: South Korea
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: April 14, 2023
Eligibility Criteria :
Are you also applying for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships? Before you proceed with the application, you must check the criteria and requirements of GIST scholarships for international students. Opportunities Circle has listed the criteria below.
Eligibility Criteria for the GIST Scholarship in South Korea:
- Applicants must hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST.
- Their bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- Furthermore, applicants from all countries can apply (except for South Korea).
- They should be proficient in English.
- Applications must have an excellent academic record.
- They must demonstrate academic excellence.
- They must also meet the criteria and requirements of the program/course they are applying for.
Interested, right? You are almost there. Check the benefits and financial coverage offered by the GIST for international students. In this section, we have explained the complete financial benefits of applying for scholarships in South Korea.
Benefits of Fully Funded GIST scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover the 100% tuition fee of international students.
- MS students will receive a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won.
- Ph.D. students will get a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won.
- MS and Ph.D. students will receive a meal allowance of 100,000 Won.
- MS and Ph.D. students will receive an international student allowance of 120,000 Won. However, students must maintain a three or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- MS students participating in research projects will receive a research assistantship of 4,785,384 won per year, while Ph.D. students will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won per year.
- Also, GIST will reimburse one-way flights to South Korea (only once).
- It will also cover 60% of national health insurance, including annual medical checkups.
- Opportunity to study at a top Korean university without worrying about financial expenses.
Note: Students must complete at least nine credits in the previous semester to get student and meal allowance benefits under the GIST scholarship.
Gist Scholarship Requirements:
Following are the supporting documents applicants must submit with the online application. Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Online application
- Official degrees and transcripts. Apostille is preferred; notarized copies are also acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation with the stamp and signs of the recommenders.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Official English language test report i-e, TOEFL (BT) 80, TOEFL (PBT) 550, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, NEW TEPS 327.
- If you can not get your test result in time, your home university can give you a professional English language proficiency certificate stating that English is the language of instruction in your previous university.