- FUNDING TYPE: Partially Funded
- DEADLINE: 1 November 2022
- OPEN TO: All countries
The Vanier Canada scholarship is also known as the Canadian Government scholarship for graduate students. It was initiated by the government of Canada, named after Canadian soldier and first Governor-General Georges P. Vanier. 166 scholarships will be awarded this year to the highly talented, skilled and bright graduates who want to pursue higher education in Canada and conduct research that benefits humanity. The scholarship is open for all international students, Canadian citizens and permanent Canadian residents.
The scholarship is offered for Doctorate degree program, MA/PhD, MD/PhD or master’s leading to PhD. The duration of scholarship funding is 3 years; $ 50,000 will be awarded for three years of the PhD program. The scholarship for international students aims to select outstanding applicants with leadership qualities and demonstrate academic achievements in health-related science, social science and humanities, engineering or natural science. Applicants are selected for a graduate scholarship based on three basic criteria; these are academic excellence, leadership qualities and research potential.
The process to apply for this scholarship is a bit different; applicants cannot apply individually. They need to contact their research institute to make a nomination, or the institute can contact an individual to nominate them. The applicants are required to apply to the university and inform them about the Vanier scholarship nomination. Further details are provided in the article below, so make sure to read the full article. If you want to in Canada, you can check other scholarships to study in Canada.
Here are more details about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
Areas of Research:
- Health science
- Natural science and engineering
- Social science and humanities
Deadline is November 1, 2022
- Country: Canada
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Deadline: November 1, 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship:
- Applicant and the nominating university must meet the criteria.
- Foreign citizens, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada can apply.
- They must be pursuing PhD for the first time.
- Furthermore, they must be nominated by only one institute/university
- Applicants must intend to pursue a full-time doctoral degree in the summer semester or the academic year of announcements of results.
- Students must have completed no more than twenty months of full-time study in a doctoral program (as of 1 May 2022).
- They shall not receive any other award, scholarship or funding for PhD program.
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average in each of the last two years of full-time study.
- Moreover, applicants must not receive or have received any other fellowship or scholarship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship will grant $50,000 per annum for three years of the PhD program.
- A chance to study at a Canadian institute of applicant’s choice.
Other details :
- A ResearchNet application form,
- A personal leadership statement,
- Two letters of recommendation,
- Research contribution,
- A research proposal,
- Project references,
For more details about the requirements, click here.