Details about AMC MD/PhD Scholarship 2023
AMC MD/PhD Scholarship 2023 is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Medicine.
The deadline for the sending your application is 11 Aug 2023. This scholarship is provided by Academic Medical Center (AMC) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, salary + research expenses . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Degree: Masters, PhD
- Provided by: Academic Medical Center (AMC)
- Deadline: 11 Aug 2023
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, salary + research expenses
- Host Country: Netherlands
Academic Medical Centre is offering AMC MD/PhD Scholarship to students who wish to pursue an MD/Ph.D. at the University of Amsterdam.
Eligibility for AMC MD/PhD Scholarship:
- Applicants must have started earlier and are without unnecessary study delay.
- Candidate should obtain a Bachelor’s or Premaster degree in Medicine before January 1, 2024.
- Applicants must not yet start clinical internship rotations, and will not start their clinical internship rotations before March 1, 2024.
- Are students accepted in the “nominal students program 2022”.
- A letter describing reasons to apply and how they meet the requirements.
- Application form with research proposal and list of publications.
- CV along with bachelor’s degree transcript or of an equivalent degree.
- Written confirmation from the intended Ph.D. supervisor.
- Letter of recommendation from a PI of AMC.
Candidates for the MD/PhD program must have a track record full of scientific promise as evidenced by proven research activities on the cv, the grade list and the letter of motivation. In addition a letter of recommendation from an AMC PI, and/or extracurricular research activities in the AMC or affiliated research institutes is needed. Candidates must also have obtained excellent evaluations for their Bachelor’s courses and no unnecessary study delay.
Eligible for the MD/PhD program 2023 are AMC students who:
- Started the Bachelor’s degree program in Medicine in the academic year 2020-2021,
- Started earlier and are without unnecessary study delay,
- Started the premaster program in Summer 2022,
- Have not yet started clinical internship rotations, and will not start their clinical internship rotations before March 1, 2024
- Will obtain a Bachelor’s or Premaster degree in Medicine before January 1, 2024.
The MD/PhD program is open for honours Bachelor students as well as other outstanding medical students. The combination of MD/PhD program and honours Master’s degree program is not allowed.
It is possible to participate in the selection of the MD / PhD scholarship as well as the double master’s degree in biomedical sciences and medicine (DuMa trajectory). In case you are selected for the MD/PhD scholarship, the DuMa program will be terminated. Your clinical internships will be scheduled according to the MD/PhD schedule.
In case you don’t match these requirements it’s possibe to send an exception request. Please sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you don’t meet the requirements but still think you are the ideal candidate. The Exception is assessed by the chairman and members of the selection committee.
To apply for an MD/PhD scholarship, you must submit the following documents, in this order:
- a letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you fulfil the requirements;
- a research proposal using the standard form (this will be renewed as soon as the new deadline has been announced):
- your curriculum vitae, including the course transcript of your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (cijferlijst) issued by the faculty student administration, and a list of your publications;
- written confirmation from your intended PhD supervisor (promotor) that he or she is willing to act in that capacity.
The research proposal can be prepared jointly with your intended PhD supervisor, who must sign it for approval. The form includes a description of your research project, the name of the AMC department at which you wish to work, the name of the PhD supervisor, and a budget with the estimated total costs of your research (contact AMR BV for help and instructions), including the proportions to be met from the scholarship and from elsewhere, such as the department or external sources.
Value of the Scholarship:
The MD/PhD scholarship covers the costs of the salary of an MD/PhD student for a period of two and a half years, plus limited additional research expenses.