Details about Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program 2023
Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program 2023 is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of All subjects offered by the universities. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Province of Ontario and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $5,000 per term . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Degree: Masters, PhD
- Provided by: Province of Ontario
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $5,000 per term
- Host Country: Canada
- Students in graduate studies at the master’s and doctoral levels can apply for a merit-based scholarship through the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program.
- Awards are available to graduate students for all disciplines of academic study at participating schools in Ontario.
- Each award is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario (two thirds) and the school offering the award (one third).
OGS is a merit-based scholarship. Candidates applications are assessed and ranked using criteria determined by the school they are planning to attend.
- Applicant must be in graduate studies in the master’s or doctoral level.
- Should be enrolled in a full-time program for 2 or more terms (21 to 52 weeks in total) for the academic year they are submitting their application.
- Candidate will be attending one of the participating Ontario school.
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- OCAD University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
How much can I get
OGS awards are based on the number of terms of your consecutive studies within an academic year:
- $10,000 for 2 consecutive study terms
- $15,000 for 3 consecutive study terms
Each OGS award is issued for:
- a minimum of 1 academic year (2 or 3 consecutive academic terms)
- a maximum of 2 years (up to 6 consecutive academic terms).
The OGS awards maximums are:
- Master’s students: 2 academic years
- Doctoral students: 4 academic years
- Lifetime limit (all students): 6 academic years
OGS is a merit-based scholarship. Your application is assessed and ranked using criteria determined by the school you’re planning to attend.
To be considered, you must also meet the following criteria:
- You’ll be in graduate studies in the master’s or doctoral level
- You’ll be enrolled in a full-time program for 2 or more terms (21 to 52 weeks in total) for the academic year you’re submitting your application.