Details about Helmut Veith Stipend 2023
Helmut Veith Stipend 2023 is offered for Masters degree in the field of Computer Science or Mathematics.
The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Nov 2023. This scholarship is provided by Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, tuition fees + EUR 6000 per annum . This scholarship is open for: Open to female applicants from all nationals.
- Degree: Masters
- Provided by: Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien)
- Deadline: 30 Nov 2023
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, tuition fees + EUR 6000 per annum
- Host Country: Austria
The Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded annually to exceptionally talented and motivated female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English and have (or have interest to develop) a solid mathematical and technical background in at least one of the areas in which Austrian scientist Helmut Veith worked.
Eligibility for the Helmut Veith Stipend:
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. In 2023/2024 those are:
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
- Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
- Please note that while you can submit funding applications before or during the admissions process, only those who have been unconditionally accepted into the master’s program will be eligible to receive funding. It is important to keep in mind that applying for funding does not replace the admissions process, and receiving a conditional offer of funding does not guarantee admission to TU Wien.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree.
- Extensive mathematical and technical knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Algorithms and Complexity Theory
- Computer Security
- Proficiency in English
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the chosen program, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of faculty the student would be interested to work during their master’s thesis and why.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts).
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor’s degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation).
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar).
- Copy of passport.